Saturday, September 4, 2010

What's Meant to Be, Will Be

I always seem to start with "I haven't posted in a while...," and here I go again...

The summer is coming to an end and for some reason, I feel it's the end of one chapter and the beginning of a new one...in more ways than one. For starters, my sister got engaged in the beginning of August. I'm very happy and excited for her! She is over the moon! I can't believe my big sister is getting married!!! =) She has been with her fiance (strange to say that now,lol) for over 3 1/2 years!! They just seem meant for each other. They have set the date to next July. Our family is headed for some awesome changes! Especially for my mom...she'll be giving one daughter away and (hopefully) gaining a grandson (again, hopefully) not very long after. I'm super excited for this new chapter in our family story!

There hasn't been any new news about the adoption agreement. I'm am soooo anxious for it to be published! So many things are up in the air and I feel left with so many doubts. Yet, I still have very high hopes that this is what I'm meant to do. I start to have doubts but then God gives me signs of the path I need to take. They couldn't be any clearer and then my hopes are restored. God placed adoption in my heart a very long time ago for a reason and it is now just beyond my reach. I believe he is trying to teach me patience and testing my true faith.

Music is very important in my life and always has been. Anyone who knows me know this. I feel very blessed to be able to share my talent with others. Isn't it funny how many emotions music can evoke? The songs "Keeping Me Guessing" by Francesca Battistelli and "I Have A Dream" from Mamma Mia explain so well this situation!! I don't know how my story ends, but since God is in control, when the time is right for me, I'll cross that darn stream!

Keeping Me Guessing
Coffee cup waking me up
I gotta board a plane
And fly away
sometimes it feels like I’m
going at the speed of light

Can’t relax I’m movin to fast
I wanna find the gold
But I don’t have a map
I wish that I could know
What you’ve got in store for me

I try and try to read your mind
But I forget that patience is a virtue
Your teachin me to hold on tight

And I don’t know how the story ends
But I'll be alright cause you own it
I don’t know where the highway bends
But I’m doing just fine
Cause your in control
Even when I don’t know
Where my life’s gonna go
You’re keeping my guessing

Slow me down, show me around
I wanna see the world that I’ve been without
I am here and now the future is out of my hands
I trust in you and how you move
I won’t forget that patience is a virtue
You’re teaching me to hang on tight

Cause I don’t know how the story ends
But I’ll be alright cause you own it
And I don’t know where the highway bends
But I’m doin just fine
Cause your in control
Even when I don’t know
Where my life’s gonna go
You’re keeping me guessing

Seasons come and seasons go
But you decide

And I don’t know how the story ends
But ill be alright cause you own it
I don’t know where the highway bends
But I’m doing just fine
(repeat x2)

You’re in control
Even when I don’t know
Where my life’s gonna go
You’re keeping me guessing

You’re keeping me guessing


I Have A Dream
I have a dream
A song to sing
To help me cope
With anything
If you see the wonder
Of a fairy tale
You can take the future
Even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream
I have a dream

I have a dream
A fantasy
To help me through
Reality
And my destination
Makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness
Still another mile
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream
I have a dream
I'll cross the stream

I have a dream
I'll cross the stream
I have a dream

No comments:

Post a Comment