Sunday, December 26, 2010

Almost a new Year!!!

I can't believe that it is December 26th! Holy Wow!!! I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! It was wonderful in my neck of the woods!! My family kept our traditions of going to mass Christmas Eve, my mom making dinner and then some gift giving. It was pretty low key and just relaxing! I came home and tried to watch "A Christmas Carol" but ended up falling asleep=)....*sigh...old age is creeping in=) Christmas day I sort of broke tradition. My church's choir sang at the Christmas Day mass and so I went there before going to my mom's and having her delicious Apple Puff Pancake. Mmmm!! OH-chin F-KOOSS-na (Delicious--testing out my newly acquired Russian(= ) Later on, my Mom, Grandma, my Sister and her Fiancee and I all gathered at my Aunt and Uncle's and FIVE(!) cousins for the afternoon and evening. It was great to get together with my family!

It's been a little over 2 years since losing my Grandpa and Christmas just doesn't feel right without him...something was definitely missing=( Everyone was thinking of him especially when we all had gathered to sing Christmas songs and started "Silent Night," his favorite. I couldn't help think as I was sitting there singing what my Grandpa would think of plans to adopt. He was always my "go to" for advice, ideas, etc. I think his destiny was to be a Grandpa. He would just beam with joy whenever he was with any one of his seven grandchildren. He was a calm and gentle man full of integrity. I have to admit...one of the most selfless, honest, and honorable people I've ever met. If I shared my thoughts with him, I feel like he'd say, "You have to follow your heart and as long as what you are doing is honest and moral, go for it." So, that is exactly what I'm going to do!!! I just wish he could be here to see his Great-Grandchildren.

As the year draws close to an end, I'm getting VERY anxious to jump full into this adoption. I spoke in depth to someone at the agency I would like to sign with and I have to send over some detailed info. Then, we'll go from there. Second test of patience..sending it over during the Holidays..more waiting(that's getting all to familiar & I know it'll only get worse, ha!!). I'm hoping and praying everything "looks" good and then I can sign and get started. I'm asking everyone to PLEASE keep this situation in their prayers!!

I would love to find out more about Russian traditions and culture. I'm going to be spending some of my waiting searching for books about it...if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear about your finds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment