I sat down at my computer to do an update and found a comment asking if I had any news =). Yes!! My internet has been down so this will be extra long..
Hopefully, everyone following my blog had a nice Easter! Mine was busy!! I am in choir at my church so along with Christmas, Easter is one of the busiest times. In one "weekend," we sing at the following masses..Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Saturday afternoon, and then Easter Sunday. On top of participating in all those masses, it has been our family tradition in recent years to go to the Easter Vigil mass (I've never felt so holy(= ). After, we come home and colored eggs and began the cooking! If I could find my camera cord, I would put up the picture of my little red, white, and blue Russian Easter egg that I made =). I keep wondering if my little guy has already been born. Was this his first Easter? =/
So...for the adoption update!!!
I'm going be be pessimistic first(sorry!!) I don't think I've ever been SO FRUSTRATED and ANNOYED in my life. I am aware...it's all part of the process =) and I bet there's more to come!
First, I faxed a VERY detailed letter and form to my insurance company explaining my adoption and what I was seeking. I gave them Step. By. Step. directions on what they needed to do. Hint...sign the prepared form and add their address. That's it. It's taken over 2 weeks so far. When I called, they said that it was still in the process of being "approved." Hmm..doesn't seem hard since their terms state that I can add a child anytime and this includes adopted children. Soooo, what's so hard about signing a form saying the child will be covered? Ugh..this little form needs just one signature and is holding up my registration.
Second rant. Before I can start my homestudy, there is work scheduled to be done in the kitchen. Mind you this was supposed to take place early/mid April and today is May 1st. I get a call and say those April dates have been changed and now are tentative for the first or second week in May. Ok..no big deal that was supposed to be... tomorrow. The living room in my o so small house now has dishes EVERYWHERE and looks like the kitchen department at mall. Well, I get a call last week, after I have this lovely kitchen display moved to my living room, and it is now bumped to two weeks later. Seriously?!?!?! I'm getting really ticked! So, now I'm looking at mid/late May. O and let me add...those dates are tentative. GRRR!! Come on people!!
I'm starting to get discouraged. I've been waiting, hoping and praying for over 2(!) years to start this adoption. I am so close to it happening but feel I've hit a brick wall..ugh! God has a plan and I just have to trust in his timing...no matter how long I wait or how hard it seems.
On to the good news!!! =)
When I spoke to my contact last week, she said they have been receiving a steady flow of referrals. That's good to know!!
I mentioned in a previous post that I went and put a down payment on a crib. Well, I feel so blessed that my mom finished paying for it and also got the matching drawer/changing table piece thingy. =) It should be at the store withing 7-10 days!!! EEKK!! I'm sooo excited!!
I had my eye on a bedding set and kept going back and forth about getting it and when. Well, I came prepared with my stack of coupons (it's the college student in me, he he). I was asking the sales lady(she had helped me earlier in the week) which ones I could use together, etc. So we got to talking. She asked was it for me or off of a registry. I said me and her eyes automatically looked at my stomach!! HA!!! If I was pregnant, you would definitely be able to tell on my 5'1 self. I had to chuckle. I then said that I was adopting a baby. We got into a really deep conversation then about adoption! It turns out, she was adopted! She shared that she has 3 other siblings. These siblings are biological children of her parents and her and her mom are the closest. This lady shared with me that she was so thankful that she had been adopted and her parents loved her as if they had given birth to her...it was so touching! Needless to say, we were both teary eyed when we ended our conversation! I think that just reaffirmed that what I'm doing is the right thing. I've spoken with many other adoptive parents, but felt that was such a special conversation to have with someone who had been adopted! Imagine that...all in the bedding department of Babies R Us!! =) he he
One more last thing..non adoption related. One of my best friends is getting married in 2 weeks!! I'm sooo excited for her! I love the dress she picked out for us bridesmaids AND I was able to find shoes that fit!! AMAZING!!!!
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hee Hee, thanks for the update. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. Its always good when God puts people in our paths to reaffirm the decisions we make are from Him. Good luck with the reno, if you ask me, maybe you should find another company that can help you, scary.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the prayers!!
ReplyDelete