This is the beginning for me so I think I should start out from the beginning of where I'm at.
I guess it's THE game to play in international adoption. I'm talking about the waiting game. It's not fun and probably one of the hardest parts. So I've heard. My waiting is a little different than many people who are embarking on this journey. I'm actually waiting to START! Many wait for their paperwork to be sent to Russia, wait for results of doctors, and the hardest parts being... waiting for a referral, waiting in between trips to pick up your child, and waiting to finally come home to the good ole US of A. None of it is fun and extremely hard. This wait for me is definitely a test of my patience.
My wait is because I'm not quite...old enough. =( Although I want to get married some day, this is something I've always felt called to do and feel like I need to do this first. Adopting from Russia has held a special place in my heart for a very long time. It is just now becoming more of a tangible sight. It's sooo close yet it seems sooo far. =( I don't want to start now and have to redo all my paperwork. According to the USCIS, you can start at age 24, but have to be 25 at the time you receive a referral. Sheesh..I guess even though I hear "You are an Old Soul, etc. etc," it doesn't count=( ha ha. So, now the waiting has begun!
In the meantime, I'm going to read as many books, find out as much info, and become as prepared as I possibly can. =) Hopefully, this will help ease the wait along my journey. I think it will be great to have once I've completed my adoption and look back at!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on getting started :) The starting is exciting and so full of hopes and dreams. No matter where the journey takes you or how long it might be, try and remember how it feels right now to be so full of wonder and hope and excitement. You will need those snapshots of hope to get you through the rough spots. You will need bloggie friends and cheerleaders too. Keep going to FRUA and I might even suggest taking your blog off private... some of the most amazing supporters are people I will probably never meet in person but have held my cyber hand through the days. I'm excited for you and hope that the time passes quickly. Unsolicited advice? Take all the time you need and then some to evaluate and choose an agency. If I knew then what I know now... it would be different. Make sure they are successful NOW with families like you. If I could do it over, I'd pay less attention to the "warm and fuzzy" and more to the Russian esque way of being that seemed cold at the time. My news flash came when I understood that I am adopting from RUSSIA and having someone RUSSIAN on my team would be a huge benefit... I don't. Ahhhhh live and learn :) thanks for the invite and all the best to come!
ReplyDeleteI recently visited your blog and found it to be quite inspirational! I wish you all the luck in the world! I know that you will make an excellent mom!
ReplyDelete