While I wait, I've been trying to immerse myself in any and all things Russian. So, when I noticed that an agency I've been looking into was holding a cultural event, I decided to go. They were hosting a Russian Folk Musical Group. Yea, road trip!
My mom came with me. I am sooooo lucky she is very supportive. I think having such a supportive family makes all the difference! It was great to be able to spend some quality time with my mom. Life is hectic and for the whole drive there and back we talked and talked. It was a decent drive except on the way back, it must have been skunk night!! Ugh!! Every few miles those little buggers would make themselves known...even when we got into our state!! PPPPUUUUUU!!
This musical group was very talented!!! I'm listening to their Cd's as I type=). I definitely enjoyed myself and I guess it showed. The band leader came up to me afterwards and said "It sure looked like you enjoyed the music." LOL!! The great thing is, they donate part of the proceeds to orphanages in Russia. So far, in the 10 or more years they have been in the US, over $100,000 has been raised!!! They tour all over the US. I had to crack up though. They mentioned that the night before they had played for over 100,000 people and then, I look around and they were playing for about 30 people...if that!!! Crazy! I got a kick out of all the kids. They all just automatically started dancing..like it was just in their blood and they remembered!!! =)
I said in a previous post that it seems like whenever I start to question this whole process, I somehow get a sign from the Man Upstairs to keep pushing along and to be patient. Well, the director/owner just happened to be there. What luck of mine! I asked to speak with her and she was very happy to. We started talking. I think I've mentioned before that I look really young. I usually get about 17...and I'm almost 25....Well, on goes our conversation and the director went on to say she thought I was one of their grown up adoptees!!!! OMG!!!! I had to laugh but at the same time, I have to admit, I was a little embarrassed!!! LOL!!! We all got a good laugh!! But anyway..through our conversation, she reassured me that my situation is fine and that it wouldn't be a problem...I'm young, healthy, etc. Even though it was late, she offered to give ud a tour of the offices/building, explained more things/the process, and answered any questions I had. I felt very comfortable and at ease. I appreciated that!
Now, onto more waiting and hopefully that agreement is signed SOON!!!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's great that you got to enjoy some music and have a nice chat with the folks at the agency. Just wait... the "weights" keep coming. :) Friday was finally my breaking point but back at it today and at the capitol AGAIN.
ReplyDeleteMichelle,
ReplyDeleteI know you posted on Cade's blog before -
I'm going private if you'd like to join....send me an email to danaschuetter@hotmail.com
Good luck with your process! Hang in there:) It is well worth all the waiting, trust me.