Saturday, March 5, 2011

Holy Paperwork!!

I can not believe it.

I've heard and read about the amount of paperwork that goes into an adoption from Russia and always thought--"Eh, it can't be that bad, I can do it." How silly of me!!! I got my adoption guide in the mail last week and I just about fainted! I really can not believe how much there is to do!! It just about crushed my "I can do anything," positive attitude. I have this new found respect for all the adoptive parents who have their children home. If there was a time I've ever needed any extra prayers, it would be now. It is very overwhelming! I know in the end it will all be worth it, but for now, I have to just take one document and day at a time. I'm completely stressed to say the least=/. I feel the road has been cleared for me thus far and just have to trust that God knows what he is doing and will give me the strength to accomplish this. BIG DEEP BREATH!!! =)

Brighter news, I've learned of the possible regions that my child may be in. I've always been hung up on this and was so anxious to find out. I love history and am now trying to learn as much as I can about these interesting places(and hoping they don't change) =). Sorry, can't say where though until after my little guy is home.

7 comments:

  1. One document at a time is the right way to look at it. You will find, over time, some comfort in having paperwork to do. At least then there is something in your control. It is when you have nothing to work on and you are just waiting that is the very hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember writing a post just like this. Hang in there. It's worth it... I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the fun begin :) Did you really think we were all kidding about the paperwork? It's INSANE!!! I promise it will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the paperwork..You just have to take it one day at a time otherwise you'll drive yourself insane. my husband and I brought our daughter home from Vladivostok Russia over 3 months ago. It's all worth it at the end. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. Everything is still fresh in our head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We felt very much the same way when we started and many times throughout but you can do it....just take it one step at a time and remember it is so worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes. The paperwork. Isn't it grand?! We've done so much of it in the past five years for our three children that I feel a little odd to not have our agency asking for something else!!
    Blessigns on your journey~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I know, paperwork stinks! I am terrible with organization, but I had to be, it can get way out of control. What agency did you decide to use? We were with EAC, if you need anything just let me know.

    ReplyDelete