Yea!! Today was the day my Mom and I went and picked up the crib and dresser/changing table!!
OMG!!! It's huge!! My mom and I borrowed my Grandma's van (the nice stow and go seating mini van). I put all the back seats down and the dresser took up the ENTIRE back. Needless to say, we had to make two trips up there. The crib converts to a toddler/full bed and was so large that we had to take it out of the box in order for it to fit. Talk about heavy too! It took two Babies R Us employees and me to load but my mom and I managed to unload it...thank goodness! Phew..what a nice little work out!! =)
Many pieces of furniture throughout the house are made by the Amish. We would road trip to Ohio and order it. Just beautiful! I wanted to do the same with the baby room furniture but instead, just went to the local Babies R Us to see what they had. I saw a few sets that I liked and decided to order from them since I had a 20% off coupon, lol. When we ordered it, we were looking for a nursery set that had nice, solid wood since I plan to convert this to his "big boy/teenage" bedroom set(whoa...scary thought!!). Many of them weren't and I want to make sure it lasts. This set is awesome--but huge! I could probably fit in the crib once it's set up =) he he
Other news, I put a call out to my social worker to find out more about the home study! I hope to hear back from her and the kitchen people soon!!!
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those convertable cribs seem really really nice. Back 19 years ago, we didn't have that option! How wonderful to have your mom help you with all of your plans. Excited to keep reading to know whats ahead for you. You are paper pregnant! Yay!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, not paper pregnant yet..=( Just agency registered. 1 homestudy visit down 2 to go!!
ReplyDelete