Sheesh..I've been so busy lately! With having that "pre approval," it has kicked things into high gear around here. It was needed and has basically let me know where I stand. I received the formal application and am filling that out and hope to have it in the mail on Monday!! Can't believe it's finally happening!!!
I just printed my homestudy packet on Thursday and have that filled out. I just need to write my autobiography..which I'm dreading...and keep putting off. I could be writing that right now instead of this post, ha!! I guess when someone has been in college as long as I have, it's understandable. I feel like it's another paper that needs to make "the grade," and it's really not that big of a deal--kind of. After waiting soooo long, I'm procrastinating now!! I have to admit this is a HUGE flaw of mine. One that I'd SERIOUSLY like to eliminate!! So far, I've found a lot of the questions on this stuff to be redundant. That's fine..I can handle that and all these nitty gritty details, but I HATE writing "papers!" Ugh!! I need to make that my #1 project at the moment. As soon as I send this packet back to my social worker and the first "official" fat check )=, it's time to schedule the first home visit!
The only problem is, I'm basically redoing my kitchen and bathroom within the next couple weeks. Some of the kitchen is the original stuff from when the house was built (ie: cupboards, green oven--you get the picture), still in ok shape but definitely could be spiffed up. My mom and I are going later today to check more things out. Anyone else have stuff being done while doing the homestudy? I feel like it would be better to have these improvements done BEFORE my little guy comes home instead of after. This way, there won't be all these "strangers" coming in and out while he's trying to adjust. Just my personal feelings on the matter!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment