Ok.. I'm known to be a very calm and mellow person and most of the time, pretty patient. Notice I said "most" of the time. Now is not one of those times. I think my patience just took a huge jump out the window!!! In my previous post I talked about needing to find out some info about "things" so I can send all my info to my selected agency. I'm still waiting. I know, I know, welcome to International Adoption!! Big *sigh here!!! I can't proceed without this info because it all pertains to "where I stand." Ugh!!! My mom suggested saying some prayers and that "God hears a strange voice.' I told her that my voice should be very familiar by now!!!! =>
By living vicariously through all the other peoples blogs that I follow, I know I'm not the only one who has the feelings of being anxious and almost feeling like the deck is stacked against me. Well, I had a nice little chuckle driving into work not so "bright" and early (actually it was still pitch black(=, ha! ). I was listening to radio and the DJ started talking about "Not Giving Up Five Minutes Before the Miracle." Throughout this whole time that I've been waiting, I have seen a trend. I feel like I'm really close and then the tables turn to make me feel like I couldn't be further away. When things take a nose dive, I feel like I get a nudge and then a message to not give up and just hang on. I find it quite amusing!! Kind of..=)
Several blogs that I follow have families waiting for a court date or to pick up their child. It puts where I am at totally in perspective. I can almost feel the pain that they are going through. Nothing can compare to the pain of already holding "your" child and then having to be separated from them, oceans apart. Ugh! I hope these families are with their children again, very soon!!! The quote below was put up by one of those waiting families...
"...these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day."
a Living Bible translation of Habakkuk 2:3
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wrote slowly, steadily, surely on my whiteboard at work! It is going to become my chant to keep me going!
ReplyDelete